HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY TREATMENT?
- It's best to arrive with a clean face, free from makeup.
- Avoid direct sun exposure along the lines of tanning.
- Stop using actives or exfoliants a minimum of 2-3 days prior to. Some example actives: glycolic, retinol, lactic, vitamin C, acne medications
- Avoid hair removal 2 days prior (48 hours)
WILL MY FACIAL TREATMENT BE CUSTOMIZED TO MY SPECIFIC SKINCARE NEEDS?
Yup! We personalize each facial to address your unique skin concerns and goals.
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY SKIN AFTER A TREATMENT?
Avoid direct sunlight for 48 hours. It's important to apply SPF daily and reapply often based on the manufacturers recommendation, typically every 2 hours.
Avoid at-home exfoliation of any kind for a minimum of 7 days. That includes chemical exfoliants (AHA/BHA) and granular scrubs.
No hair removal (waxing, sugaring, laser) for 7 days.
Skip the gym or exercises that induces excessive sweating for the next 48 hours.
Don’t pick the skin, it's perfectly fine to touch your skin - just be sure to cleanse your hands first..
WILL MY SKIN PURGE AFTER MY FACIAL?
It's absolutely normal to experience some purging following a facial. Facials can help push debris that’s been trapped under dead skin cells to the surface. Any small breakouts you may experience shouldn’t linger and you're welcome to ice any inflamed breakouts to calm them.
ARE THERE ANY POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS OR DOWNTIME AFTER THE FACIAL?
Typically, there's no downtime, but some people may experience mild redness or sensitivity that subsides quickly.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I SCHEDULE FACIAL TREATMENTS FOR BEST RESULTS?
The frequency depends on your skin needs. Monthly facials are common for maintenance, but we will advise based on your skin goals during your consultation.
- Avoid sun exposure for a few days before your appointment, as sunburned skin can be more sensitive during a facial.
- Discontinue the use of any retinoids or exfoliating products at least a week before the facial.
- Arrive with a freshly cleansed face, free from makeup, sunscreen, and any other products.
- Drink plenty of water in the days leading up to their appointment to ensure well-hydrated skin.
- Limit your caffeine and alcohol intake in the 24 hours before the facial, as these can dehydrate the skin.
- Come with a calm state of mind. Relaxation is key during a facial, so they should aim to arrive stress-free.
- Schedule your appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event as there might be some redness or sensitivity afterward.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing to the appointment to avoid irritation after the facial.
- Avoid Sun Exposure: It is important to stay out of direct sunlight for at least 24-48 hours after the facial. Sunscreen with a SPF of 30+ is a must if they need to go outside.
- Skip Makeup: Avoid applying makeup for the rest of the day after the facial to let the skin breathe and recover.
- Stay Hydrated: Continue drinking plenty of water to keep their skin well-hydrated.
- Don't Touch or Pick: It's important to not pick or squeeze the skin. This can introduce bacteria and lead to breakouts.
- Skip Hot Baths and Saunas: Avoid hot baths, saunas, or steam rooms for the next 24-48 hours, as these can exacerbate skin sensitivity.
POST-TREATMENT SKINCARE ROUTINE
- Cleanse face with xo Brown Girl cleanser morning and evening.
- Keep skin moisturized throughout the day with xo Brown Girl moisturizer that is specific to you skin.
- May use makeup after 24 hours.
- May restart regular skin care routine including exfoliants (retinol, glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid) in 1-3 days, or once skin is no longer sensitive and healing.
- The skin care provided to you is intended for use during healing and is ideal for your skin type.